What We Do to Help Clients

Family Law and Domestic Violence 
Secure protection orders
Resolve custody and visitation
Represent in divorce proceedings
Coordinate community services

Housing and Consumer
Represent in eviction and foreclosure cases
Prevent lockout or utility cutoff by landlords
Obtain repairs of unsafe conditions
Improve neighborhood housing
Resolve consumer debt & tax disputes

Employment and Income
Resolve problems that interfere with job training or employment
Secure unpaid wages
Help Veterans with disability claims or to prevent homelessness
Expand employment opportunities for persons with disabilities
Secure income and medical benefits

Education and Child Safety
Obtain special education support
Prevent suspension and expulsion
Address education needs of foster children
Represent children in abuse, dependency and neglect cases

Who We Can Help

We can help low-income individuals and families who have annual before tax incomes less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Click here to see the complete income chart. Every family’s situation is different. Your eligibility will be determined during your intake interview.

The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and the Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC do not discriminate in the provision of services because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.

How to Contact Us

Call us at 513.241.9400 or 1.800.582-2682

E-mail us at

Intake Hours: Monday – Friday 8:45 AM to 4:30 PM.

What We Need You to Do

Bring any documents you have that are connected with your legal problem, something that explains the nature of the problem, such as a utility bill or an eviction notice or a benefits declination letter.

What We Don't Do

We do not take criminal or traffic cases. If you were charged with committing a crime, you will want a lawyer to represent you. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for a public defender, and can ask for that with the court.

If we cannot help you, there are other organizations that may be able to provide assistance. Click here to view other resources.